It is essential to have good advice when taking out any type of insurance policy
If you are thinking of taking out any type of insurance, it is important that you have good advice. Whether it is to insure a vehicle or your home, or if it is a health or life insurance, you need to be well informed so that you can make the best decision for you. In ASUFIN we give you the keys to choose a good insurance advisor, which we remind you can be an agent (linked to an insurance company) or an insurance broker (who acts independently).
Keys to good advice
It is essential to choose a professional you can trust, who will work closely with you to choose the product that best suits you and thus guarantee your peace of mind in times of adversity. A good professional will have to:
- Assess individual needs: The first step is to understand your needs and objectives, make an assessment of your financial and personal situation to identify what type of coverage you need.
- Know the market: A good advisor needs to be up to date with the latest trends, products and regulations in the Spanish insurance market.
- Compare policies: The advisor should present you with different policy options so that you can make a decision after assessing together with the professional all the information, costs, benefits, pros and cons….
- Transparency in commissions: It is important that you know if the advisor is going to take commissions for the sale of the insurance, thus creating a climate of trust between you and the professional.
- Knowing the coverages: The advisor will have to explain to you what coverages your insurance has and what kind of situations would not be covered so that you don’t have any surprises.